Rios de Agua Viva
ADVANCED Ministry Preparation
Sponsored by Gateway Seminary
CLE 1412 Educational Ministry of the Church
Center Name and Location: Escuela de Teologia OKC
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Instructor’s Name: Lic. Cesar Garcia
E-mail address or Phone Number: email@example.com
An examination of the rationale for the ministry of Christian education. The study focuses on what is happening to people through the principles and methods of organizing, administering, promoting, and improving the education strategy of the local church.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
Manual de Educación Cristiana, Bruce P. Powers.
A=100-93, B=92-85, C=84-77, D=76-70, F=69-0
Case Study Project:
The following questions may help guide you through the case study;
* What are the objectives and purpose of the church for the Education Ministry?
* How is the Church organized for the Education Ministry?
* What church-wide committees do you have, what do they do, and to whom are they responsible?
* How does the church recruit leaders for the Education Ministry?
* What practices and procedures are followed in conducting the Education Ministry?
* How is the Education Ministry of the church evaluated and improved?
* What educational records and reports are used, and how? How does the church get feedback, and what is done with it?
Calendar Planning Instruction
A preliminary statement of items 2 to 5 should be submitted on October 16.
I. Foundations of the Education Ministry
14 Course Introduction. The Education Ministry of the church. pgs. 9-21
Christian Education Theology pgs. 23-44
21 Education Ministry in the Old and New Testament pgs. 45-51
II. Principles and Administrative Procedures
28 Planning and evaluating the education development. pgs. 55-80
04 Organizing and coordinating the Education Program pgs. 81-109
11 How to recruit and motivate new personnel pgs. 111-135
18 Administering the Educational Programs of the church I. pgs. 137-177
25 Administering the Educational Programs of the church II. pgs. 178-230
02 Administering the specialized Education Activities. pgs. 231-255
09 Christian Education in a small church/Administering a training program pgs. 257-269
For leaders. pgs. 271-293
16 Case Study Analysis
23 Outreach and recruitment. How to nourish and teach new Christians. pgs. 295-328
Preliminary Education Calendar Due.
III. Education Leadership in the local church.
30 Renewing the Education Ministry pgs. 331-346
06 The Education Leadership in the small church. pgs. 347-357
Presentation of the Education Planning Calendar
13 Pastoral Function the Christian Education. pgs. 359-378
20 Course Review and Final Exam.